Skip to main content

What's next?

What does life have in store  for me next? I have been giving this some thought lately and there are so many options available to me. the plethora of options is freeing and overwhelming at the same time.

My first option for after graduation is to do a solo tour of Europe for 1-2 months. Even with in this option there are many options starting off with
  1. Hitting every tourist spot in a backpacking style tour of Europe
  2. Mixing in actual tours through travel agents and such
  3. WWOOF. World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms. This would in tale an organic farm providing me room and board in exchange for 4 hours of labor a day. Seems like a pretty good deal and would be a great opportunity for hands on experience and education

Another option is have is to tour the united states. This option does take a back seat to touring Europe simply because I have driven form the Mississippi to the pacific ocean a couple of times even though I was rather young. For this trip I would want to take a route that covered the maximum amount of states and focus on the east coast which I have seen very little of. Here are a couple of samples of routes I would be interested in:

Next options would be moving in with a grandmother and garden part of her fertile 40 acres in Missouri which I figure out what next

The last option would be to get a job right away which is never a bad option but I do have an opportunity to try something different in this time before I get tied down with a job.


What would you do or what do you wish you did? Leave a comment below or contact me using my Contact page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whoa O We're Half Way There!

At the end of this week my independent contracting at The Garden will be half way over, as well as my summer class. I think this would be a good moment in time to reflect on some of the reasons I am here with the blog Growing Pains in Eden. Thus far, there has been a lot of exploring and learning going on during this period of time. Gardening in a sustainable way, and preparing that one acre for its future users who will benefit from my work season after season, has been quite eye opening. Gardening has opened a door for my faith to grow into as it comes alive in this new dimension. Having the ability to share this exploration with readers has also helped me digest the experiences and knowledge I am gaining. But of course there is still life outside the garden like the ever nearing graduation and job hunt, which I'm sure you will hear about at some point as I go through this season of life. As I get over this half way point it is my goal to remain committed to educating a

How About Some Compost?

At The Garden, redesigning the compost system is creeping to the top of the to-do list. In order to be prepared for when it is time to tackle that project I searched some other blogs for advice and ideas to re-vamp how we are composting, and here are the top picks of what I found. 3 Composting Techniques Everyone Should Know , is a valuable resource for an introduction to different composting styles. For The Garden the three bin style will most definitely be needed do to the bulk of our compost. The three bin style also has the benefit of faster decomposition, making more compost overall. For a backyard, the homemade garbage can tumblers work really well. I made one for my parents' house and they use it regularly. The biggest benefit comes from its portability, and that it is easy to control your proportions of brown to green. Weird things you Did not Know you could Compost , is good to get you thinking about not so obvious household waste you could be putting in your compos

Top 6 Reasons Why I Garden

1.     The flow of gardening. When working in the garden there are a variety of tasks, sometimes you are doing backbreaking work, and others you are pulling weed by weed at your own pace. 2.     Connection to where I live. Having a successful garden requires you to tune into where you live. Knowing your climate, soil, drainage, how much rain you will get (or not get) that year, where the sun shines most, and so on brings greater appreciation for how God designed where we live. 3.     Old fashioned hard work. I love getting in there and getting my hands dirty. I find so much satisfaction when I take a step back and see what my hands created. From digging trenches, building compost bins, trellises, and raised beds, it's been a good day when you’re covered with dirt and sweat and are ready to put your feet up. a work day at my parents house early this spring 4.     Eating healthy. When growing a garden you most likely have vegetables which have come to you much chea